|Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (you can also make it with Almond Butter, YUMMY!)|
I haven't posted much on my own blog lately. First was summer, then we decided to put our house up for sale, then school started, then our house is still for sale, and now here we are and I have decided to jump back in to my own blog. I post on my church's once a week and that's about all I had time for this summer, so...we all know what comes first. God's blog postings first and not my own. Now that I have my computer back during school hours( my boys take it over) I can now get back to posting.
I have been doing clean eating classes for you in the local area and have lots of new ideas and recipes to share. I, personally, try to eat very little grain or wheat and no sugar on a daily basis. Everyone likes to have a treat, so why does it have to be bad for you to be a treat. It doesn't! I am going to be posting some yummy grain free and sugar free desserts..and YES, my kids love them!! Yah me!!
Here is the first cookie that will change your life!
Peanut Butter(or Almond Butter) Chocolate Chip Grain Free No Added Sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter (read the label just almonds and peanuts.. only one ingredient should be on this label!)
- 1/4 cup stevia (I use Truvia)
- 1 whole organic free range egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix nut butter, egg, truvia, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla in a bowl
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drop dough by spoon and press them in to a cookie shape with your hands. This has no flour so they won't spread and shape like a cookie on their own.
- Bake for 8-10 min.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. This is important, this is the step that firms them up like a normal cookie.
- Remove from the pan and ENJOY!!!!
|this is the brand peanut butter I use if I don't make my own in the machine at Ingles|
|This is the almond butter I use if I don't make my own in the machine at Ingles too :D|
|I like truvia best for baking|
|dump it all in|
|stir it all up|
|here are the 2 brands of chips I usually get|
|now that looks like normal cookie dough|
|here they are on the sheet pressed it to cookie form by my hands|
|here they are all baked and done|
|yummy my kids like the almond and peanut butter both!!|