cute blog background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken



I have a GREAT recipe for you!! This chicken tastes just like the good ole rotisserie chicken with out all the junk in it like artificial colors, chemicals I can't pronounce, ect. and IT"S SO EASY!!!


Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
1 whole chicken
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion quartered

If you get the chicken from the store..make sure to get the skinless or take the skin off and take the neck and other stuff out of it's cavity :D

In a bowl, combine all the dry spices.  Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.  Plop the chicken, breast-side down into your slow cooker.

If desired, place the garlic and onion inside the body cavity.

DO NOT ADD WATER.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8 hours.  The meat is done when it is fully cooked and has reached your desired tenderness.  The longer you cook it the more tender the meat. 

If you are wimp, don't scroll down and look at my chicken pictures ha ha :D I got my big ole chicken from my favorite farm girl!  No antibiotics, no hormones, free range chickens....

My spices

My rub all in a bowl

Chicken cavity

Yep, I shoved garlic and onions in there..gives it lots of flavor

my chicken had to go in on it's side cause it was a big one

falling off the bone

I took this to my parent's and we all ate it for dinner. It was wonderful, just like the store bought kind..but clean and healthy



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I love rotisserie chicken. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete