cute blog background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eat Clean Baked Spaghetti..KID APPROVED!!




Pin It

My boy's don't like casseroles or anything that is all mixed together.  They usually won't even eat spaghetti either.  They are just like my dad :D They are meat and 2 sides kinda boys...BUT.....THEY ATE THIS! They not only ate it..they ate seconds! YAH!! Thanks to my neighbor Brooke who eats like my children, for bringing us this dish when my papaw was sick and telling me when I make it to leave all my onion and peppers and seasonings out for the kids to eat it :D..

Here is a great, fast, and kid approved version of eat clean baked spaghetti..


Baked Spaghetti
1 lb of organic ground beef
1 (16 oz) jar of organic spaghetti sauce
2 cups organic mozzarella shredded cheese
1/2 cup water
1 (12 oz) box whole wheat spaghetti noodles(I personally am no longer eating wheat at all so I use the picture below shiratke noodles found in fridge in produce section) Kids do eat it too :D
sea salt to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Brown ground beef and drain.  Boil noodles and cook according to directions on box.  When meat is no longer pink add spaghetti sauce..I add 1/2 cup of water to the jar and shake it and pour it in to the mixture.  Simmer for about 5 min.  When noodles are cooked add them to the meat sauce.  Pour in to a 9x13  inch baker sprayed with eat clean cooking spray.  Add mozzarella cheese to the top and bake for 30 minutes at 350.
ENJOY!!

BONUS TIP...when I make anything that has a tomato based sauce, I add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's) and 1/2 tablespoon of sucanat sugar...my mom said to do this and it will change the whole taste of your sauce!!!
Organic hormone and antibiotic free hamburger browning

This is just traditional organic pasta sauce



There are many good whole wheat pastas
Noodles boiling
 add sauce to meat
 I put sauce on the bottom to keep it from drying out too much
 add noodles to meat sauce
 pour in to baker
add cheese
Bake at 350 for 30 min and enjoy..yummy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment