cute blog background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eat Clean Chicken Salad

I am very chicken salad picky.  I have 2 recipes that I like to fix now..this is a new one..it has greek yogurt instead of a bunch of mayo..and no sugar..mmmmm

Eat Clean Chicken Salad #1

1.5 lbs of chicken breast cooked and diced (about 3 large chicken breasts) I cook mine by boiling it in water until no longer pink.  Don't get the already to go chicken breast with all the chemicals and additives in it, cook it your self so that it is just chicken...
1 cup grapes
1/2 cup pecans chopped
2-3 stalk celery chopped
1 Tbsp mayo (I use a healthy mayo or you can make your own, Duke's is good) I don't buy low fat
1/4 cup Greek yogurt unflavored
1 tsp agave syrup
1tsp apple cider vinegar
1 packet truvia
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds

  • Boil chicken until no longer pink. Cut in to chunks or shred.
  • Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar,agave,poppy seeds, and truvia
  • combine this with the chicken and remaining ingredients
That's the official recipe but....I don't do anything like I'm supposed to..so here is what I did.  I just cut it all up. mixed it all in a bowl and it was great!
All my ingredients

boiling chicken
Grapes and Celery
chicken chopped
adding pecans
cider vinegar,truvia, and  agave
mayo
poppy seeds
Greek yogurt
Yummy finished salad

On an Ezekiel wrap

with some lettuce and tomato
my finished plate









No comments:

Post a Comment