Here is an important starting note..YOU MUST BUY PECTIN FOR LOW-NO SUGAR NEEDED
|Got this at walmat..it says for low or no-sugar, if you use regular pectin thses recipes will not gel, it will be runny!|
4 pints of strawberries
1 cup of apple juice
1/2 cup water
1 package or 3 tablespoons of no-added sugar needed pectin
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 cup honey
1. Clean and stem strawberries. Mash one layer of berries at a time in a large bowl, you may also chop them if you like it chuncky, or blend them in a blender if you like it smooth.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together apple juice, water , and pectin. Bring t o a boil for one minute.
3. Add honey and lemon juice to berries and stir well. Add in hot pectin mixture and stir well again to make sure everything is combined.
4. Ladle into clean jars and screw on lids. Let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to set up and then transfer to the freezer to store.
Strawberry Freezer Jam with Truvia..SUGAR FREE
2 pints of fresh strawberries
2Tbs lemon juice
5Tbs of the no-sugar needed pectin
40 packages or a little less than 1 cup of truvia
1. Prepare your strawberries how you would like them (mashed, chopped,. or blended)and measure out 4 cups.
2. Add pectin and truvia to a bowl and stir together.
3. Place the strawberries into the bowl with the pectin and truvia and stir for 3 minutes.
4. Ladle jam into clean freezer jars and place in freezer on enjoy now. When filling the jars, leave about 1/2 inch head space to allow for food expansion during freezing.
Freeze up to a year or refrigerate now for up to 3 weeks on both recipes.
Here are some photos from both I divided this is to a half and half experiment.. I like both versions, but the truvia one is great! No sugar, no guilt!
|chopping mine up..a like chuncks|