cute blog background

Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (all cleaned up)


I have started making this cleaned up cookie cake instead of buying one from the mall.  My boys and family actually request it because they say it's better!!!

Chocolate Chip Cake

2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup sucanat sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (it has to go in there or it doesn't cook right)
2 sticks of organic butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 large organic free range eggs
1 pkg of organic semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Combine sugar, butter, and eggs in a mixer and mix until creamy.   Add flour, baking soda, vanilla, and salt and mix.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spray a 9x19 inch pan with eat clean cooking spray. I like the pampered chef bar pan.  Spread mixture in pan and bake about 20 min or until golden brown. Be careful not to over bake.

I let mine cool completely and decorate with icing of my choice.  I sometimes will by store bought and pipe it on there. I have also made my own and colored it myself...this is the unhealthiest portion of the cake.  Remember sugar is a treat so it needs to be limited. 

Healthier Icing:
The deal with buttercream is that sugar is brown and the frosting is a brown color..so just to warn you :)
Buttercream
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup organic butter
1/2 cup sucanat sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Keep in the fridge.


Chocolate Frosting
2 Tbs of organic cocoa powder
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic butter
5Tbs organic milk
2/3 cup sucanat sugar
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Keep in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment