cute blog background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup milkshake... kefir or just organic milk..both recipes

So, I have lots of kefir and I am making up new uses.  I found a recipe for kefir chocolate ice cream.  I started with that and made up my own thing.  Honestly this is designed after the downtown Pal's half peanut butter and half chocolate shake that I used to get.  You can make this with this Bluebell no added chocolate ice cream found at the bottom of the products page and regular organic milk if you don't have kefir.  The kefir just makes it full of probiotics so you get a bonus with your yummy shake. Scroll down to see recipes for both versions.
NOTE***the kid approved version is the one without the kefir..they love it when their daddy makes the bluebell milkshakes!*****

Kefir Version
4 scoops of chocolate kefir ice cream
1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
1/2 -1 cup kefir milk to make it smooth
1 packet of truvia
Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.Makes one milkshake. If you don't make the kefir ice cream,  but have some kefir, use the bluebell ice cream  and still use kefir milk.  If you don't have any kefir, scroll down below for instructions with organic milk below these photos.

Scoop kefir ice cream (about 4 scoops) into a blender..this is my off brand bullet makes one shake
Also is some of my kefir in a jar

Add one tablespoon a peanut butter into ice cream
I added about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of extra kefir to make it really smooth

Blend until smooth..I added a packet of truvia too cause it needed a tad more sweetness
MMM...Peanut butter cup milkshake with benefits




Blue Bell Version Peanut Buttercup milkshake
4 scoops of blue bell no added sugar chocolate ice cream
1 Tablespoon of all natural peanut butter
1/2-1 cup organic milk
Place ingredient into blender and blend until smooth.  Makes one milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment