cute blog background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Want to feel good?? Start your day with this oatmeal

I am a creature of habit. I rotate my breakfast between eggs, bacon, grapefruit or my super oatmeal. They are the two things that keep me feeling great all day long. So here is my oatmeal.  Notice the STEEL cut oats..these have not been processed.  I do soak mine in water now overnight before cooking..read why and how here

Oatmeal Fit For a Queen
1/2 cup Steek cut oats (not quick cook)prepared
1 Tbs local honey or 1packet of truvia
2 Tbs ground flax seed
handful of walnuts (or whatever nut you like)
handful of blueberries (or another berry)

I don't have time every day to cook oats, so this is how I do it.
I boil about 1 cup of steel cut oats.





So be careful..I boil mine over almost every time :
see it boiling over
I put what I need in my bowl and store the rest in the fridge and it last all week.
I just scoop out what I need and heat it in the microwave for 1min 30 sec and add a little water to it.




2 tbs flax seed

handful chopped walnuts

Add your blueberries and you have a good breakfast

I drink 2% organic milk with it..notice my bargain price


Then I make my mix of green and detox tea and I'm off to a great start 

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine found your blog & passed it along to me. I've been "eating clean" since February and oatmeal has become a staple for breakfast. I've found that if I "soak" the oatmeal overnight in the fridge, I can just heat it in the microwave the next morning. By "soak", I mean that I put the ingredients (including water) in a bowl, cover it and let it sit in the fridge. Your tip sounds quick but I'm just not sure I could deal with the coagulated oatmeal early in the morning. ;o)

    Another fav of both my girls & mine is Choclate oatmeal. 1/2 c oats, 1 T (each of the following) wheat germ, flax, unsweetened coconot, cocoa powder.

    We buy most (well, probably all, of our grain foods at Mountain Bulk Foods. It's less expensive & they have whole wheat pastry flour which I've been hard pressed to find in our local grocery stores.

    Thanks for the blog...looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy! That chocolate sounds yummy! I have tried a lot of different stuff in my oatmeal.. when I run out of berries, I use bananas..I love the basic recipe and then changing it up :) Thanks for following my blog! I feel so much better eating clean and I'm sure you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel better (and look better). ;o) My favorite thing though might be the changes in my skin. I've always been an avid water drinker but when I began clean eating my face rarely had a blemish and people tell me all the time that I am glowing!

    I don't look forward to winter as much though...the produce just doesn't abound like it does right now. :)

    ReplyDelete