cute blog background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What to Rev up your Metabolism?????


Do you feel cranky, irritable, weak, and shaky just before your next meal time?? That is not normal, nor a good feeling..so I'm going to tell you how to stop that and rev your metabolism up at the same time.

 1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;


The Basic Eat Clean Principles that I posted yesterday are easy to follow.  But, I am going to tell you why they are all important over the next few days.  I have to do it over a few days because  #1.  my kids won't let me have my computer until school starts back and  #2.  I want to take time and focus and each of them for you.

So #1, 2, and 3 go hand in hand...Eat 6 small meals a day, eat every 2-3 hours, and pair up a lean protein with a complex carbohydrate at every meal and snack.

#1 and #2  ..your body needs good quality foods in your system to keep it's chemistry working properly.  Otherwise, you will have hormonal swings, shaking, irritability, and cravings.  Not to mention the blood sugar rises and falls.  You are not giving your body consistent sources of fuel and the fat-burning mechanisms in us start to drift off to sleep.  If you eat clean foods every 3 hours, your body expects this and rebalances itself. 

#3.  Our you using premium fuel? Not the kind in your car, but the kind in your body...Pair up that lean protein from a healthy fat sources like fish, chicken, lean beef, nuts, eggs and dairy... and pair this with a complex carbohydrate like fruit, veggies, and whole grains.  This helps drive the metabolism when you are properly fueling up. The body can not digest these macronutrients quickly so that helps to keep the chemistry in our blood stable.  These are the foods that I try to buy in organic..my meats from a farm or make sure they are anti-biotic and hormone free on the package.  These are the foods that do matter for organic purchasing.  I don't usually buy packaged food in organic because after it goes through a bunch of process, does organic really matter?  Yes and No, if it has the more healthy ingredient list then yes, otherwise nope.  I have a lot of foods I buy that are not organic and have a healthy label.  I will talk more about those another day :)


Back to feeling "bad" before a meal time...many of us feel like this when we get hungry.  I used to.  On occasion I would feel so shaky and irritable and at times I thought I would pass out.  This is not normal and you shouldn't let your body get that way.  If you are eating according to these principles, this shouldn't happen.  I can tell a huge increase in my energy and a decrease in my hunger when I eat with these rules.  Chad (my husband) calls them my "food rules"..he just loves it, I know :)  But he gets a wife who feels good , so he is really happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment